Roving Work, respects the privacy of individuals by treating all personal information as confidential and by handling it in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP). The full text of the APP is available at https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-law.
In this policy:
“Personal information” refers to any information or data provided to us such as name and address, date of birth, contact phone and fax numbers, email address, credit card details, where relevant to the products or services we are providing to you, your financial information;
Website means http://www.mobi-case.com or a related website operated by the Company; and References to ‘you’ and ‘your’ mean you, the user of the website and provider of personal information.
The Company has implemented internal policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is dealt with in accordance with strict standards of security and confidentiality.
USE AND COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
At all times we try to only collect, use and store the information we need for the particular function or activity we are carrying out.
The main way we collect personal information about you is when you give it to us, for example, we collect personal information when:
– Supplying products, services or other benefits to be offered to customers;
– Informing customers of marketing initiatives that may be of interest to them;
– Sending advertising materials, newsletters, competition details and other promotional and commercial communication initiatives to customers by email and/or text message;
Any additional purpose for the collection of personal information (not set out in this policy) will be identified at the time that the Company collects personal information from you, or as soon as practicable afterwards.
The Company collects your personal information in the following ways:
– When you login to the Company’s website and/or online services;
– When you enter any of the Company’s competitions and promotions;
– When you complete a registration form;
– When you contact the Company about its products and/or services by telephone or using our “contact us” page on our website or any other part of our website;
– During negotiations and/or business transactions with you;
– When the Company supplies products and/or services to you; and
– When the Company responds to an enquiry from you.
If you are making a general enquiry regarding our products through our website, you will not be required to identify yourself. Where possible, we will allow you to interact with us anonymously. For example, if you contact our enquiries line with a general question we will not ask for your name unless we need it to adequately handle your question.
However, for most of our functions and activities we usually need your name and contact information and enough information about the particular matter to enable us to fairly and efficiently handle your inquiry, request, complaint or application, or to act on your report.
Except where indicated above, the Company will not disclose your personal information to a third party, unless:
– The disclosure is made as part of giving effect to a purpose for which the information was collected;
– You have consented to the disclosure;
– The third party is an external service provider that assists the Company operate the Company’s business and is a party to a confidentiality arrangement with the Company;
– The third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of the Company’s assets and/or business;
– That disclosure is to a related body corporate of the Company;
– The disclosure is to an entity that licenses products to the Company;
– The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim; or
– The disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under any law including under the Privacy Act 1998.
We are not likely to disclose your information to overseas recipients. If in future we wish to disclose personal information to overseas recipients, we will only do so with your consent or otherwise in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
USING THE WEBSITE
The Company collects and retains data for the purpose of supplying you with, and for the processing of payment for, goods and/or services (when applicable).
To ensure the Company is meeting your needs, and to develop online services, the Company may collect information from its website server logs. This technology is not used to access any other stored personal information, preventing users from being identified.
The Company may use personal information to advise you of new services and marketing initiatives that may be of interest to you. This may include special product offerings and general information about our business.
If the marketing is received by you by email or by social media, there will be a link on that email or social media contact by which you can unsubscribe from receiving that marketing material.
The Company does not disclose personal information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or services to an individual, unless that individual has expressly consented to that disclosure.
UPDATES TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personal information changes, please contact the Company to update the information. The Company may also contact you from time to time to check that your personal information is still accurate.
The Company is committed to maintaining:
Safeguards to protect personal information against unauthorised use, disclosure, access, alteration, destruction and accidental loss;
Industry standards for the security and protection of personal information (anti-virus software is regularly updated in order to protect the Company’s systems and data); and
Internal policies on management of personal information, and staff training to ensure compliance with these policies.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company will generally allow an individual access to their personal information on request. You can obtain access to your personal information by written request to the Privacy Officer. The Company will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
The Company may restrict access to personal information in accordance with the APP.
CORRECTION TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please advise the Privacy Officer if you think that personal information the Company holds is inaccurate. The Company will take all steps necessary to correct the information.
If the Company is unable to provide you with access to your information or make any amendments, the Privacy Officer will inform you of the Company’s reasons for this.
The Company’s handling of any personal information it collects from you (including personal information previously collected) will be governed by the most current version of this policy. Please check this policy regularly.
The Company is committed to constantly improving its procedures so that personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that the Company has failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with the APP or this policy, please contact the Privacy Officer.
The Privacy Officer will:
– Listen to your concerns and grievances regarding the handling of personal information;
– Discuss with you the ways in which the Company can rectify the situation; and
– Put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve the Company’s information handling procedures, if appropriate.
If this process does not result in an outcome that is satisfactory to you, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner’s Office. The Company will work together with the Privacy Commissioner’s Office to resolve any issues.
The contact details for the Privacy Commissioner’s Office are as follows:
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Facsimile: +61 2 9284 9666
If you wish to access any personal information that we hold about you, or have a query about this policy, please contact our Privacy Officer via our contact form.